I have tried Four of Pure Beauty pomegranate antioxidant skincare‘s bestselling products which consists of 2in1 Foam Cleanser, toner and day lotion SPF 20.
Pomegranates are considered to be a fruit of the gods and long-regarded as a symbol of fertility—its round shape, striking crimson color, and abundance of seeds no doubt contributed to this reputation—has been used as a natural remedy for more than 3000 years, with its first documentation etched out on Egyptian papyrus.
Today, research is unveiling that most pomegranate fruit parts—its juice, peel, oil, seed, flowers, bark, roots—are known to possess enormous antioxidant activity (amongst other things), with benefits especially for the skin: UVA- and UVB-induced damage control, to skin regeneration, hyperpigmentation control, to collagen production, chemopreventative activity, and matrix metalloproteinase inhibition. Pomegranates have also been shown to enhance the topical effectiveness of sunscreens. And that its extract can destroy several viruses on contact. If anything deserves to be dubbed a Superfruit, then it is pomegranate.
Why are Pomegranate so special?
Let’s find out!
With its incredible antioxidant, anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties and ability to encourage radiant skin, the pomegranate has been incorporated into skin care; especially anti-aging and sun care products. It can help with a number of skin care issues that women of color can face, including dry skin, age spots, hyperpigmentation, acne flare-ups and acne scars.
1. Cell Regeneration. Pomegranates help protect the epidermis (the outer layer of the skin) and helps with skin cell regeneration in the epidermis and dermis (inner layer), increasing circulation and healing the skin, aiding in tissue repair and wound healing.
2. Sun Protection. Pomegranates have sun protective compounds that protect the skin against free radical damage, help prevent skin cancer, relieve sunburn and reduce the signs of sun damage. Pomegranate seed oil works to protect against skin cancer because of ellagic acid, a polyphenol antioxidant found in large quantities in pomegranates, which researchers have found inhibits the growth of skin tumors.
3. Anti-Aging. Pomegranates protect against premature aging by helping reduce the signs of skin aging caused by sun damage and exposure, such as wrinkles and fine lines. Pomegranates also help prevent hyperpigmentation and age spots.
4. Youthful Skin. Pomegranates promote smooth, firm skin by promoting collagen and elastin production and soften skin.
5. Dry Skin. It is a great ingredient for skin care because its small molecular structure allows it to penetrates deeply into the skin. It works for most skin types, (which depends on the skin care ingredients pomegranate is combined with).
Since pomegranate oil penetrates deeply into the skin, it is effective for treating dry skin. It soothes dry, cracked and irritated skin. It contains punicic acid, an omega 5 fatty acid that hydrates and prevents moisture loss.
6. Oily Skin/Combination Skin. Pomegranate oil even works for oily skin and the use of pomegranate have been beneficial in skin care products for acne prone skin, to combat breakouts, reduce scarring and sooth minor irritations.
Pure Beauty pomegranate antioxidant skincare products are formulated with korean pomegranates, Swiss Radicare, french ecocert validated fruit and herbal extracts.
I used Pure Beauty pomegranate antioxidant skincare exclusively for 2 months and I can already see visible results!
Here is a picture of before and after using Pure Beauty pomegranate antioxidant skincare.
You can definitely see my skin is much brighter, hydrated and the redness are very much reduced!
Pure Beauty pomegranate antioxidant 2in1 Foam Cleanser doesn’t dry out my dehydrated skin. Normally I would avoid foam cleansers because they can be too stripping on my skin but I’m very happy that my skin loved it.
I used it twice a day, both day and night. If any more than that, I do not think my skin will like it. I used it with RolliB or Pobling (pore cleansing brush). Pomegranate foam cleanser comes in a generous 125ml squeeze tube. It can be used as a mask which you leave on for 5-10 minutes then wash off. My skin feels really fresh and clean afterwards which is nice for my skin type as it can be quite oily sometimes and this 2in1 cleanser helps to soak up the excess oil without disrupting my skin natural oil.
Then I would use the pomegranate antioxidant toner straight after cleansing. Although it is a toner, but the consistency is more vicious than normal toners. It’s very much like a liquidy serum! I love it very much. The toner absorbed very quickly into my skin. I don’t use any cotton pads because that would waste a lot of products so I pump 2 pumps of toner into my clean hands and massage all over the face. Let it dry then apply your moisturiser. This toner has a cooling effect on my skin, and very hydrating!
Next is the pomegranate antioxidant day lotion SPF 20. It is a lightweight lotion that can hydrate my dehydrated skin. I was quite skeptical because of how light the texture is but it proved to be very good in keeping moisture in and plumped up my dry areas. It has a very subtle scent which I quite like because of how fresh and natural smelling it is. It doesn’t take long to absorb into my skin and leaves a matte finish which I appreciate because I do not like lotions that are greasy.
Last but not least, the pomegranate antioxidant cleansing facial wipes. This is a handy dandy wipes for all skin types. I used it to remove my makeup at the end of the day. It removes everything including waterproof makeup, not so much on stubborn Japanese mascaras though. I don’t blame the wipes because Japanese mascaras are a pain in the butt when it comes to removing them. My skin surprisingly did not feel dry but supple after used the pomegranate cleansing wipes. It doesn’t only remove makeup, you can use it to freshen up during hot humid weather too! A handy thing that doesn’t require much space in my bag for me to lug it around.
Pure Beauty pomegranate antioxidant skincare products are worth every penny in my opinion. It is a great range for all skin types especially since it is an affordable drugstore brand. The quality of Pure Beauty pomegranate antioxidant products are undoubtedly one of the best amongst other drugstore brands let alone WATSONS.
You can find Pure Beauty pomegranate antioxidant skincare products at Watsons.
Please like Pure Beauty Facebook page here: Pure Beauty Malaysia